Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens Named Best Historic Home Tour!
Houmas House Plantation and Gardens, Cairnwood, Biltmore and Meadow Brook Hall also winners. Ever wondered how George Vanderbilt spent his holidays or what a Gilded Age Christmas tree might have looked like? These 10 historic houses — voted on by USA TODAY 10Best readers — pull out all the stops for their holiday tours.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Historic Home Tour are as follows:
- Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens – Akron, Ohio
- Houmas House Plantation and Gardens – Darrow, La.
- Cairnwood – Bryn Athyn, Penn.
- Biltmore – Asheville, N.C.
- Meadow Brook Hall – Rochester, Mich.
- Oak Alley Plantation – Vacherie, La.
- Hearst Castle – San Simeon, Calif.
- Ca’ d’Zan – Sarasota, Fla.
- The Breakers – Newport, R.I.
- Lyndhurst – Tarrytown, N.Y.
10Best Local Experts and Editors picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Additional estates nominated for Best Historic Home Tour included Boone Hall Plantation, Castle Hill, Edison & Ford Winter Estates, Filoli, Fonthill Castle, George Washington’s Mount Vernon, Monticello, Pittock Mansion, Vizcaya Museum & Gardens and Winterthur Museum, Garden & Library.
Congratulations to all ten winners!
IS THE DINING ROOM OPEN FOR LUNCH TO PEOPLE ON YOUR TOURS ?
IS THE DINING ROOM OPEN FOR LUNCH DURING TOURS ?
The dining room is not available for lunch during tours. We do have a lot of great restaurants near by in the Village of Rochester Hills shopping center.