Meadow Brook Visitor Information
A National Historic Landmark, Meadow Brook is the historic home built by one of the automotive aristocracy’s most remarkable women, Matilda Dodge Wilson, widow of automobile pioneer John Dodge, and her second husband, lumber broker Alfred Wilson. Constructed between 1926 and 1929 for $4 million, Meadow Brook represents one of the finest examples of Tudor-revival architecture in America.
Meadow Brook Hours
Meadow Brook Hall’s business hours are 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Monday-Friday.
For details about our available tours, tickets and availability, please visit meadowbrookhall.org/tours.
Tour tickets must be purchased online in advance at meadowbrookhall.org/tickets.
*Meadow Brook is closed during the holidays and at select other times during the year:
- Easter Day: Sunday, April 9, 2023
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 29, 2023
- Fourth of July: Tuesday, July 4, 2023
- Labor Day: Monday, Sept. 4, 2023
- WINTER WONDER LIGHTS Installation: Monday, Nov. 14 through Wednesday, Nov. 23,2022
- Thanksgiving Day: Thursday, Nov. 24, 2022
- Holiday Break: Saturday, Dec. 24 through Monday, Dec. 26, 2022. Offices are closed Friday, Dec. 23 through Monday, Jan. 2, 2023
- new year’s eve: Saturday, Dec. 31, 2022
Museum Store & Holiday Shop
The Museum Store is open from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. on Fridays and Mondays and until 4 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays during tour hours.
The Holiday Shop is open annually for special hours during our Holiday Walk and Winter Wonder Lights events.
Directions & Parking
The Meadow Brook Estate is located at 350 Estate Drive in Rochester, MI – between Flint and Detroit.
- Take I-75 to University Drive (Exit 79) then go east to Squirrel Road, where Oakland University’s main entrance is located.
- Turn left on Squirrel Road.
- Turn right at Walton Boulevard.
- Turn right at Adams Road.
- Turn right at the east entrance to Oakland University’s campus and follow the signs to Meadow Brook Hall.
- Take M-59 to the Adams Road North exit.
- Go north on Adams Road.
- Turn left onto the campus of Oakland University.
- Follow the signs to Meadow Brook Hall.
Parking is free and available on site.
Photo & Video Shoots
Meadow Brook Hall is an incredible location for photo and video shoots of all kinds.
All photo and video sessions are limited to our grounds and gardens, as indoor photo shoots are reserved for facility rental clients.
Rates for photography and/or videography sessions vary depending on the size of your group.
- Groups 1-6 people: $175 for the first hour and $100 each additional hour
- Groups 6-15 people: $350 for the first hour and $100 each additional hour
- Groups 15+ people: $500 for the first hour and $100 for each additional hour
Sessions that are scheduled outside of our public hours (11 a.m. to 4 p.m.) are subject to an After Hours premium fee of $50 per hour. All sessions must be paid in full when they are scheduled. For more details or to book a photo shoot, contact our team at .