Meadow Brook Visitor Information
A National Historic Landmark, Meadow Brook is the historic home built by one of the automotive aristocracy’s most remarkable women, Matilda Dodge Wilson, widow of automobile pioneer John Dodge, and her second husband, lumber broker Alfred Wilson. Constructed between 1926 and 1929 for $4 million, Meadow Brook represents one of the finest examples of Tudor-revival architecture in America.
Meadow Brook Hours
Meadow Brook Hall’s business hours are 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Monday-Friday.
For details about our available tours, tickets and availability, please visit meadowbrookhall.org/tours.
Tour tickets must be purchased online in advance.
2023 Closed Dates
*Meadow Brook is closed during major holidays and at select other times during the year:
- Closed for touring: January 2023
- martin luther king, jr. day: Monday, Jan. 16, 2023
- easter: Sunday, April 9, 2023
- memorial day: Monday, May 29, 2023
- fourth of july: Tuesday, July 4, 2023
- labor day: Monday, Sept. 4, 2023
- winter wonder lights installation: Monday, Nov. 13 through Wednesday, Nov. 22
- thanksgiving: Thursday, Nov. 23
- Holiday Break: Sunday, Dec. 24 through Tuesday, Dec. 26, 2023. Offices are closed Friday, Dec. 22 through Tuesday, Jan. 2, 2024
Museum Store & Holiday Shop
The Museum Store is open from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. on Fridays and Mondays and until 4 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays during tour hours.
The Holiday Shop is open annually during our Holiday Walk and Winter Wonder Lights events.
Directions & Parking
Meadow Brook Estate is located at 350 Estate Drive in Rochester, MI – between Flint and Detroit.
- Take I-75 to University Drive (Exit 79) then go east to Squirrel Road, where Oakland University’s main entrance is located.
- Turn left on Squirrel Road.
- Turn right at Walton Boulevard.
- Turn right at Adams Road.
- Turn right at the east entrance to Oakland University’s campus and follow the signs to Meadow Brook Hall.
- Take M-59 to the Adams Road North exit.
- Go north on Adams Road.
- Turn left onto the campus of Oakland University.
- Follow the signs to Meadow Brook Hall.
Parking is free and available on site.
Accessibility & Special Assistance
Electric wheelchairs and scooters are allowed inside Meadow Brook Hall where space permits. Our Guided tours are barrier-free and wheelchair accessible. The Behind-the-Scenes tour is not fully wheelchair accessible.
Limited wheelchairs are available onsite on a first come, first served basis. Please call (248) 364-6200 for additional accessibility information.
Help us preserve Meadow Brook Hall by abiding by the following guidelines.
- Tobacco use, including e-cigarettes, is not permitted within 50 feet of The Hall.
- You’re welcome to take photos during your tour, but please refrain from using a flash. Tripods, selfie sticks or telephoto lenses are not permitted.
- Help us preserve and protect our collections: please refrain from touching objects, walls and fixtures.
- It’s a big house! Need to take a break? Sit down in one of the designated seating areas. The original furnishings are too fragile to use.
- Leave strollers, large bags and backpacks at the Visitor Services desk.
Read our reviews on TripAdvisor!
Visitor Health & Safety
Face coverings are no longer required inside Meadow Brook Hall. Please be respectful of others and stay home if you are feeling sick.
For additional health and safety information, visit meadowbrookhall.org/covid19.
Wedding & Events Guest Information
Meadow Brook is Michigan’s most beautiful wedding and events venue. With exquisite architectural details, 16 lush gardens and stunning vistas, Meadow Brook is the perfect setting for an unforgettable celebration. Guests can expect first-class service, inspired cuisine and a completely memorable occasion.
If you are attending a wedding or event at Meadow Brook, visit meadowbrookhall.org/guest for more information.
Photo & Video Shoots
Meadow Brook Hall is an incredible location for photo and video shoots of all kinds.
All photo and video sessions are limited to our grounds and gardens, as indoor photo shoots are reserved for facility rental clients.
Rates for photography and/or videography sessions vary depending on the size of your group.
- Groups 1-6 people: $175 for the first hour and $100 each additional hour
- Groups 6-15 people: $350 for the first hour and $100 each additional hour
- Groups 15+ people: $500 for the first hour and $100 for each additional hour
Sessions that are scheduled outside of our public hours (11 a.m. to 4 p.m.) are subject to an After Hours premium fee of $50 per hour. All sessions must be paid in full when they are scheduled. For more details or to book a photo shoot, contact our team at .