Holiday Walk Tours
Meadow Brook’s Annual Holiday Walk
Landmark in Lights
November 23 through December 23, 2018
Presented by Oakland University Credit Union
The holidays shine a little brighter at the Great Estate. Continuing in its 47th year, Meadow Brook Hall’s Holiday Walk offers self-guided touring through the elegant rooms of The Hall decked in holiday splendor with over 50 dazzling trees on display including a 10-foot tall Poinsettia tree created by 150 live plants displayed in the Sun Porch!
On select evenings, visitors can stroll the grounds to enjoy this landmark trimmed in lights and sip hot cocoa while warming themselves by the fire during our Holiday Nights and Winter Nights.
Holiday Walk Self-guided Tours
November 23 – December 23, 2018
Take a self-guided tour through the rooms of the Great Estate trimmed in opulent holiday décor. Visit during the day or tour during extended evening hours . Self-guided Holiday Walk tours are offered daily from 11:00 to 4:00 and until 8:00 on select nights. Last admittance is one hour prior to closing.
Some things to enjoy while visiting the Holiday Walk:
- cleo’s candy adventure | November 23 – December 23 Kids of all ages can follow Cleo, the Dodge Wilsons’ beloved St. Bernard, through the halls of Meadow Brook as she shares some of her favorite holiday memories. She’ll leave treats along the way, from the Fountain Room to Knole Cottage! Supported by Doc Sweets’ Candy Company.
- Letters to santa | November 23 – December 23 A mailbox to the North Pole will be set up in Santa’s Workshop throughout the Holiday Walk so kids can send their wish lists to Santa.
- Holiday Lights & Winter Nights | December 1, 11, 17-20, December 22-23
Experience the Landmark In Lights during evening tours when the Great Estate glows a little brighter. During Holiday Lights and Winter Nights the house will be open for tours from 11:00 to 8:00. and guests can enjoy “winter nights” activities in the courtyard beginning at 5:00.
- Strolling carolers (provided by the Rochester Conservatory of Music)
- S’mores kits available for purchase to roast over the fire
- Hot adult (and kid-friendly) holiday drinks available for purchase
December 21 – 23, 2018
Santa Claus is coming to town and he’s bringing his reindeer! What are the holidays without visiting Santa? St. Nick himself will make stops at The Hall on December 21 from 11- 4 and December 22 and 23 from 11 – 7:45pm. After telling him your holiday wishes in Santa’s Workshop, visit the live reindeer that brought him all the way down from the North Pole then stay to enjoy the “winter nights” activities on Dec. 22 & Dec. 23. Great holiday photo opportunities!
Admission | Reservations are not required.
Tickets may not be purchased in advance. Please purchase your Holiday Walk tickets in the Holiday Shop just prior to your tour. Tickets are valid for the entire day of purchase but no re-entry allowed.
- ADULTS/SENIORS: $22.50 per person or free for MBH Members
- CHILDREN (AGES 6-12): $10 per person
- CHILDREN (5 & UNDER): free
- OAKLAND UNIVERSITY FACULTY, STAFF & ALUMNI: $17.50 per person
- OAKLAND UNIVERSITY STUDENTS: $7.50 per student
- MILITARY WITH ID: $17.50
Thank you to the Rochester Conservatory of Music for providing the strolling carolers for our evening activities.
Meadow Brook Holiday Walk Group Tours
For more information about Holiday Walk group tours and group tours with lunches, click here.