Meadow Brook Hall is truly a beautiful place, captured on film by countless professional photographers and wedding parties. Now, as summer approaches, Meadow Brook Hall wants the public to capture its beauty.
The first ever summer photo contest kicks off Saturday, May 25. From then until midnight on Saturday, July 6, you can submit your best photo of The Hall (indoors or out). It can be an older or a more recent photo of The Hall, but only one entry per person is allowed. A Facebook photo album will be created of all qualifying entries on Monday, July 8, and then the public gets to decide which photo is the best! The photo with the most likes and/or reactions by midnight on Saturday, July 13 will win the contest! The Hall will also give out prizes for second and third place.
Here are all the details about the contest, including rules and submission guidelines:
- This contest is open to only amateur photographers. Professional photography of The Hall without permission is prohibited.
- Meadow Brook Hall’s standard photo rules do apply to this contest, including, but not limited to: no flash photography, no photos of artwork, and no intruding on the property during private events. For a full list of photography rules click here.
- Should you choose to take a new photo to submit for the contest, photographing The Hall can only be done when it is open to the public daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. In order to see the full mansion, you must purchase a ticket and take a tour.
- Photography cannot interfere with private events at The Hall. Disruptors will be asked to leave the premises by security.
- Entrants can share their photo on social media and encourage their friends and followers to like their photo on Meadow Brook Hall’s original Facebook posts. Any inappropriate behavior or tearing down other entrants results in an immediate disqualification.
- Meadow Brook Hall reserves the right to disqualify any photo that does not follow the rules or is otherwise deemed inappropriate.
- The Hall also reserves the right to retain the photo and use for marketing purposes, including but not limited to: social media, email blasts, website photos.
- Only one entry per person is allowed, so send in your best photo!
- People can choose to submit their photo by either emailing it to , or they can share their photo on social media with the hashtag #mymeadowbrook. All submissions will receive an entry confirmation.
- Photos can be submitted only from 12:01 a.m. Saturday, May 25 to 11:59 p.m. Saturday, July 6. All photos submitted outside of that time frame will be disqualified.
- Please use your best judgement; nothing offensive or inappropriate will be accepted.
- First place: A one year Meadow Brook Membership and tickets to the 2019 Holiday Walk
- Second place: Two tickets to the Summer Concert Series on August 1 or August 15
- Third place: Two 2019 Holiday Walk tickets