UPDATE Sept. 16: This event has been cancelled by the organizer.
Vroom vroom! Auto history enthusiasts are invited to take a journey through the Detroit area’s rich automotive history with the #ExploreMotorCities Road Tour. It will be an interactive and exciting day filled with the sites and sounds of the Motor City on Sunday, Sept. 19.
Filled with the heritage of the Dodge Brothers–and an incredible collection of vintage Dodge cars–Meadow Brook Hall is a unique stop on the tour.
Registration is $30 per car and some attractions require a ticket purchase to enter. Visit the #ExploreMotorCities website for more information and to register.
Here’s how the #ExploreMotorCities Road Tour works:
- Pick up your #ExploreMotorCities Passport book at any participating attraction.
- Get it stamped on the day of the event at any of our 11 southeast Michigan participating attractions, including the Automotive Hall of Fame in Dearborn, the Detroit Historical Museum, Ford Piquette Avenue Plant in Detroit, The Henry Ford in Dearborn, Historic Fort Wayne in Detroit, Meadow Brook Hall in Rochester, Michigan Firehouse Museum in Ypsilanti, Michigan Military Technical & Historical Society in Eastpointe, Packard Proving Grounds in Shelby Township, Plymouth Historical Museum and Yankee Air Museum in Belleville. *Please note that registration for this event includes access to each attraction for the purpose of getting your stamp but does not necessarily guarantee free admission. More details are in the table below the map.
- Bring your Passport to our final stop, the Automotive Hall of Fame, and get entries in our prize drawing for every stamp in your book! The #ExploreMotorCities Grand Prize is four passes to the American Speed Festival at the M1 Concourse in Pontiac ($300 value).
Other prizes include: 2 Suite Tickets + Parking for the Detroit Lions taking on the Arizona Cardinals at Ford Field on Sunday, December 19 (courtesy of the Detroit Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau), 4 Passes to the either the Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation or Greenfield Village in Dearborn (courtesy of The Henry Ford), 4 Admission Tickets for the Yankee Air Museum in Belleville, 5 TIckets to the Michigan Firehouse Museum in Ypsilanti and additional tickets and swag from our attraction partners
- Enjoy music, a car show, refreshments and see if you win!
- Use this map of our participating sites to plan your #ExploreMotorCities Road Trip: