Art in the Elements Tour
Art in the Elements | A Floral Art Exhibit & Tour
Drawing inspiration from the Hall’s 90th anniversary, the estate’s beautiful grounds, and the talent of floral artists from around the country, Art in the Elements is sure to delight nature and art lovers of all ages. Stroll through the woodland paths of The Great Estate to view over 20 large-scale floral art sculptures and displays. After wandering through the woods, step into The Hall for a self-guided tour complete with floral designs inspired by The Hall’s vast and unique art collection.
Self-guided tours will be offered:
- Friday, August 23* | 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. (house and grounds close at 9)
- Saturday, August 24 | 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (house and grounds close at 4:30)
- Sunday, August 25 | 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. (house and grounds close at 6)
* Opens at 10 a.m. for Meadow Brook members on Friday, August 23.
Tour admission is as follows:
- $20 per adult
- $17 per senior 62 and over
- $15 per Oakland University affiliate (alumni, faculty & staff)
- $15 military with ID
- $12.50 per youth aged 6 – 12
- $5 per OU student
- Free for members
- Free for children 5 and under
Admission includes self-guided house and grounds tour and admission into Dan’s Cabin, Knole Cottage and the Wilson Playhouse. Free family craft activities will be offered on Saturday & Sunday from 12 -4pm. Please note that reservations are not required for this tour and it will be offered rain or shine. Groupon is not valid for this tour and no other discounts apply.
The regularly scheduled tours will not be available during Art in the Elements.
The floral displays and designs are provided by members of the American Institute of Floral Designers.
Want to get an exclusive preview of Art in the Elements? Attend our private reception on Thursday, August 22 from 7 – 9 p.m. For more information, click here.