Meadow Brook Hall is now hiring – with positions open for two new team members – a full-time Event Coordinator and part-time Marketing & Communications Assistant. More information and links to apply for the two positions are below:
EVENT COORDINATOR (FULL TIME)
Summary of Position:
The Event Coordinator is responsible for direct oversight of the detailing and coordination of all events scheduled on the grounds, inside the estate and Garden Tent of Meadow Brook Hall with perfection. The position assists clients with final menu selections, floor plans, compiles BEOs, timelines and other supporting documents for events, assembles files and supports sales team with events from start to finish.
Additional responsibilities include: matches client BEO with company specifications and policy to distribute and secure required services to support events. Records all data related to the events, obtains and tracks all deposits, secures executed contracts and follows through with extensive communication to all team members. Obtains documents, and participates in walk-throughs with clients for final details. Routes all information and assembled documents to specified department. May secure and keep inventory of stock on hand and requisition needed material and supplies. Supports and maintains property sales and marketing objectives, plans, and programs in accordance with the company’s mission statement.
The Event Coordinator will coordinate a wide range of events including, but not limited to, weddings, social, corporate, community, Oakland University, and Meadow Brook Hall events.
The work schedule with vary based on events and will require working evenings, holidays and weekends.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Details all events contracted by designated the sales team. Will include meeting with clients, conducting site visits and pre-conference meetings, doing cost calculators on menus and up-selling events whenever possible.
- Coordinates event details from
- Use computerized booking management systems for Meadow Brook Hall
- Assemble and send out Banquet Event Orders.
- Process all client signed contracts for sales team.
- Attend regular Sheets Meetings, sharing essential details and logistics with the team
- Attend monthly wedding open houses, hosted by Meadow Brook Hall
- Provide other office support or other duties as necessary to fulfill goals of Sales Department, Manager of
- Sales and Events and the Director of Administration and Finance for Meadow Brook Hall.
- Maintains high communication with all related departments.
- Maintains efficient sales office procedures and insures the maintenance of accurate and updated account files and follow-up procedures.
- Provides support and information to all members of the sales department.
- Ensures the prompt and systematic servicing of all events (i.e., tracing, booking, contracting, communicating and interacting with company departments, and following up with group for feedback and future bookings).
- Supports in identifying and analyzing competition, both locally and regionally.
- Follows the Sales and Marketing plans
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Ensure that all clients & guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Continually strive to develop in all areas of sales, service and professional development.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, floor plans, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the venue, employees and guests.
- Be 21 years of age.
- College degree in hospitality management, hotel management, or marketing preferable. Successful hospitality or sales careers can enhance this, as can professional certifications.
- Previous hotel-related experience, sales experience in hotel or service industry.
- Requires manual dexterity, grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, visual acuity, hearing, writing, and excellent speaking ability.
- Must be competent in computer skills
- Background in Caterease is helpful.
Other Job Specifications:
- Excellent communication skills required to speak with clients, listening to their needs and presenting ideas and solutions to their requirements. You will also work with banquet service staff, Kitchen Chefs, Oakland University employees, Third Party Wedding & Event Planners, suppliers, contractors and many other parties at the same time. Customer service and interpersonal skills are required.
- Calm Under Pressure: ability to manage during crisis and the high pressure of an event in progress.
- Requires negotiation skills to work out prices with clients and contractors during the planning process (overall negotiations are handled by the sales manager during the contracting stages)
- Required to receive all payments and signed documents 48-hours in advance of each event and will process the event billing for the accounting department to review and process.
- Multitasking is a daily event; need to stay focused and organized so that each event goes off without a hitch.
- Shared office space, need to focus on task at hand
COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING ASSISTANT (PART TIME)
Summary of Position:
The Communications & Marketing Assistant is responsible for supporting the overall visibility efforts of the External Relations Team. The Communications & Marketing Assistant will work on a wide number of initiatives related to internal and external communications, social media, digital communications, public relations, sales and marketing and beyond.
No benefits associated with this position; this position reports to the Communications & Marketing Manager.
Applicants must be available to work approximately 16 hours per week. Flexible work schedule and remote opportunities available.
Our ideal candidate is a versatile creative marketing professional with a strong writing background. Applicants must be able to work independently, have a positive attitude and aptitude to learn.
Excellent writing and communications skills, with the ability to match brand voice, style and tone across writing platforms. This role supports overall external relations efforts and daily projects may include: website management, developing social media content, print and digital marketing materials, press releases and beyond.
Three to five years of communications and marketing experience is desired. The ideal applicant will have experience using a variety of digital software tools, such as WordPress, MailChimp, HootSuite, Google Analytics, Canva, etc.
Responsibilities relate to delivering communications and marketing support to the external relations team at Meadow Brook Hall, which operates as a historic house museum and venue for weddings and special events. Responsibilities may vary, as applicants will have the opportunity to work in a number of different areas that may include: social media, event marketing, website management, media relations and other duties as assigned.
We are now accepting applications for the Event Coordinator position! Click below to submit your resume and cover letter through the Oakland University jobs portal.