Meadow Brook Health & Safety
COVID-19 Precautions at The Great Estate
Meadow Brook Hall is closely monitoring emerging developments related to COVID-19 and is taking a range of measures to protect the safety and health of our community.
Following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Michigan State Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS), Oakland County Health Division, and Oakland University public health safety experts, we are taking actions that are intended to protect the health of our community.
Public Touring & Visitation
Meadow Brook Hall has safely reopened its house and grounds for public touring. All tickets must be booked online in advance.
See below for our current tours, or visit meadowbrookhall.org/dailytours for more information.
SELF-GUIDED HOUSE TOUR:
Explore the Great Estate at your own pace by taking a self-guided tour. Visitors can explore all three levels of the house with special insight from a new visitor app. Meadow Brook will monitor self-guided touring to ensure physical distancing is maintained. Weekend admission includes self-guided touring of two of the estate’s playhouses, Knole Cottage and Danny’s Cabin.
GUIDED BEHIND-THE-SCENES TOUR:
The Behind-The-Scenes tour takes visitors on a journey to rarely-seen areas of Meadow Brook Hall on this special tour, which includes staff wings, bathrooms, closets, playrooms and even our China Vault that includes vintage liquor from the Prohibition-era.
This guided tour provides special insight into what life was like for the Dodge and Wilson family and those who lived and worked at Meadow Brook Hall. Admission includes self-guided touring of two of the estate’s playhouses, Knole Cottage and Danny’s Cabin.
Please note, some areas of the Behind-the-Scenes tour are not wheelchair or handicap accessible.
GUIDED GREAT ESTATE & GARDENS TOUR:
The all-new Great Estate & Gardens Tour introduces visitors to Meadow Brook Hall’s expansive grounds and remarkable architecture. This outdoor experience will enchant visitors of all ages with stories of how the National Historic Landmark came to be. Guests will stroll through our most beautiful gardens, from the English Walled Garden to the Rock Garden, Pegasus Garden, Knot Garden, Rose Garden and more.
This guided tour provides special insight into what it took to create the magnificent historic mansion and its incomparable estate.
Guest safety is our top priority. In order to protect our community, we ask guests to:
- Wear a face covering indoors
- Maintain physical distancing by staying 6 feet apart from others
- Please stay home if they are feeling sick or have a temperature of 100 F or higher
Event & Facility Rental
The Great Estate is a world-class venue, providing a breathtaking backdrop for virtually any type of event, from corporate meetings and client appreciation parties to weddings and private celebrations. Our events team brings a premier touch to your experience, ensuring a tailor-made event that transitions seamlessly from planning to execution.
We are excited to introduce two new special wedding packages for smaller celebrations-Our Intimate Wedding Package is for between twenty and fifty people, while our Elopement Package is perfect for between four and twenty people.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we will confidently deliver our renowned high-quality event experiences while following CDC-recommended protocols and implementing best practices from the Michigan Restaurant and Lodging Association (MRLA).
Rest assured, we are practicing stringent safety measures for both our patrons and our staff, which include, but are not limited to:
- All service and kitchen staff have completed a training course that includes ServSafe Re-Opening Guidance with COVID-19 Precautions, and has received a certification of training.
- We conduct staff pre-screening upon arrival at work, including temperature screening.
- We are in compliance with all CDC, FDA, EPA, MDHHS, and Oakland County Health Guidelines.
- Before attending your event, please ask your guest to conduct a self-screening, by answering the following questions:
- Do you have a cough (or change in a chronic cough) or shortness of breath?
- Do you have a fever of 100 F or 37.8 C or higher?
- Have you had close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- If you guests answer “yes” to any of the above questions, please ask them to refrain from attending your event.
- Please advise your guests to use a face covering when they are transitioning to and from their table and when using the restroom. Face coverings are not necessary to wear once you are seated.
- Practice social distancing at all times during your event, particularly when transitioning to and from the table, and when using the restroom.
- Be patient and courteous to everyone around you.
- We have created touchless protocols wherever practical, and we appreciate everything you can do to help us in that effort.
We look forward to welcoming you to Meadow Brook Hall!