Meadow Brook Daily Tours
A guided tour of the 88,000 square foot house takes visitors on a journey through time. The unique features of the home reflect the opulence of the country estate era, including elaborately detailed carved wood and stone, handmade hardware and ceramic art tile, ornately molded and carved plaster ceilings, stained glass window insets, crystal and art glass lighting fixtures, and gold-plated bathroom fittings. And while the interiors reflect various historic styles, the house is equipped with every modern amenity available in the late 1920s. It was fully electric with a central heating system, two elevators, four kitchens and a full size home theatre.
Meadow Brook Guided Tour Hours
January 3, 2017 through May 28, 2017
- Monday through Friday at 1:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday at 11:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
Meadow Brook Tour Admission
- Adults: $15
- Seniors 62 and older: $10
- OU Faculty, Staff and Alumni with ID: $10
- OU students with ID: Free
- Children 12 and under: Free
- Meadow Brook Hall MEMBERs: Free
Meadow Brook tour tickets may be purchased in the Museum Store located inside Meadow Brook Hall:
- Tour reservations are not required.
- All guests must be accompanied by a tour guide.
- Meadow Brook house tours last approximately 1 to 1-1/2 hours, depending on the size of the group.
Visitors Needing Special Assistance
- The Meadow Brook Hall General House Tour is barrier-free and wheelchair accessible.
- To arrange for sign language interpretation of a tour or a special lecture, call (248) 364-6200.
Smoking is not permitted inside Meadow Brook Hall. We ask that you not touch the art and furnishings to help preserve The Hall and its collections for the future. Strollers, umbrellas and large bags and backpacks must be checked at the Visitor Services Desk.
Meadow Brook Hall is a National Historic Landmark. Photography/videography (including cell phones) is not permitted inside The Hall. Shots of the exterior of the building and gardens are permitted for those visitors who have purchased a standard or Behind-the-Scenes tour. Meadow Brook Hall must authorize any publication (print or electronic) of images of The Hall, its outbuildings, grounds and collections. Complete policy statements regarding photography, videotaping and sketching/drawing/painting are available at the Visitor Service Desk inside The Hall or by clicking here.