Outdoor Weddings at Meadow Brook
Today, Meadow Brook’s surrounding pastoral landscape and broad vistas still epitomize the luxurious country estate. The open green spaces, forests and gardens that frame the mansion make the setting ideal for a unique outdoor wedding. From a complimentary wedding coordinator to concierge-level service, our experienced staff will help you design the outdoor wedding of your dreams. No place makes a statement like Meadow Brook.
Why Choose the Hall for Your Outdoor Wedding?
Book your outdoor wedding at Meadow Brook Hall and here’s what you can expect:
- Great American Estate: Our historical legacy will amaze your guests. They will walk and dine among fine art, rare decorative arts and stunning architectural craftsmanship.
- Exclusive Use: Our exclusive rental option guarantees privacy and intimacy along with the complete focus of our experienced staff.
- Complimentary Tours: Your guests may choose to take an informal tour of the home so they can see up close and personal how the automotive aristocracy truly lived.
- Like No Other: Rest assured that your outdoor wedding at Meadow Brook will be like no other event you or your guests have experienced. Isn’t that what it’s all about?
- Individualized Attention: Our priority is to ensure that you and your guests are our guests. Our experienced events management team takes care of the details so you can relax and enjoy your celebration.
- Supporting a National Historic Landmark: The revenue generated from your outdoor wedding helps to support the preservation and interpretation of this great American estate.
Outdoor Wedding Experience
The Hall’s 14 distinct gardens provide outstanding locations for outdoor wedding ceremonies, from the Rock Garden with its outcropping of sandstone and cascading perennials, to the Pegasus Garden, which features the bronze Colt Pegasus sculpture and tiled fountain.
The Patio Garden provides a curving stone entrance to The Hall’s beautiful white garden tent, which is positioned on a small rise to capture cool breezes and panoramic views of both the mansion and the surrounding sweeps of green spaces.
Traditionally known as the Breakfast Garden because of its location off the Breakfast Room, this formal garden is enclosed with brick walls and is one of our most popular spots for a garden wedding ceremony.
- The niche in the north wall contains a mythological sculpture called The Golden Fleece.
- Opposite this, a curved stone bench provides a picturesque view of the garden and is a perfect spot for your musicians.
- The Pegasus Garden, which features the bronze Colt Pegasus sculpture and tiled fountain make it a beautiful backdrop for a wedding ceremony.
- The bridal party processes down the flagstone walkway from the Breakfast Room toward the Pegasus Fountain.
- The fountain will be on until the bride reaches her groom and the ceremony begins.
- White garden chairs are set theater style on either side of the walkway.
- The outcropping of sandstone rocks are carefully positioned onto the hillside, and planted into their crevices are cascading drifts of perennials, alpine species and dwarf conifers.
- The Rock Garden is bordered on one side with the original brick wall, gazebo and fountain.
- It can be both expansive and intimate depending on the setting you choose for your garden wedding ceremony.
For larger outdoor wedding receptions, the Garden Tent is available from mid-May through mid-October. Positioned on the expanse of lawn south of the Pegasus Garden, the majestic white tent has become Meadow Brook Hall’s symbol of summer wedding magic.
- The all-weather structure is 60′ x 120′ and can accommodate up to 325 guests.
- Air-conditioning and heat are available.
- A beautiful white pleated ceiling liner softens the atmosphere in the tent, while removable wall panels with French windows and doors complete this lovely structure.
- The tent also features a stage, dance floor and chandelier lighting that can be dimmed to a romantic glow for dinner and dancing.
- A brick walkway from the Loggia Terrace and hard floor surface in the tent ensure that ladies never have to walk in the grass in their high heels!
In the event of rain, Meadow Brook Hall offers a unique backup site for your outdoor wedding ceremony, The Ballroom. It seats 100 guests facing the fireplace or 150 facing the beautiful, second story stained glass windows.
Most successful events begin with a great menu and great food … and great menus and great food always begin with the people preparing them. Meadow Brook employs a nationally renowned and expansive full-service catering operation, rated four-stars for both quality of food and service. The Executive Chef and assistants apply signature touches on classic favorites.
Kosher catering is also available.
“Incredible, incredible, incredible, Meadow Brook Hall was the most stunning venue and I am so so so happy I had my wedding here. We chose to have our ceremony in the Rock Garden and our reception in the Garden Tent. Each wedding is assigned a wedding coordinator and our coordinator, Karen made me feel like our wedding was the only one happening that year! I had zero worries the day of the wedding because Meadow Brook took care of everything. I didn’t even have to phone a vendor! The food was also incredible! Highly highly recommend!”