Meadow Brook Hours, Directions and Parking
You are cordially invited to visit our Great Estate. A National Historic Landmark, Meadow Brook is the historic home built by one of the automotive aristocracy’s most remarkable women, Matilda Dodge Wilson, widow of automobile pioneer John Dodge, and her second husband, lumber broker Alfred Wilson. Constructed between 1926 and 1929 for $4 million, Meadow Brook represents one of the finest examples of Tudor-revival architecture in America.
Meadow Brook Hours – Tours
Meadow Brook Hall is open year-round for public tours. Guided tours last about 1 hour. We offer a variety of tours throughout The Hall and estate, including:
Please note that in order to tour the Hall, you must be with a guide. Self-guided touring, with the exception of Holiday Walk, is not allowed.
Meadow Brook Hours – Museum Shop
The Museum Shop is open daily from 10:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The gardens and grounds are open daily from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
These hours are extended during Holiday Walk.
* During Holiday Walk, we also offer special holiday shopping opportunities at our outdoor shop.
*Meadow Brook is closed during the holidays and at select other times during the year:
- Easter Day: Sunday, April 21, 2019
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 27, 2019
- Private event: Sunday, June 9, 2019
- Fourth of July: Thursday, July 4, 2019
- Labor Day: Monday, Sept. 2, 2019
- Holiday Walk Installation: Wednesday, Nov. 27, 2019
- Thanksgiving Day: Thursday, Nov. 28, 2019
- Holiday Break: Tuesday, Dec. 24, 2019 to Thursday, Jan. 2, 2020
The Meadow Brook Estate is located at 350 Estate Drive in Rochester, MI – between Flint and Detroit.
- Take I-75 to University Drive (Exit 79) then go east to Squirrel Road, where Oakland University’s main entrance is located.
- Turn left on Squirrel Road.
- Turn right at Walton Boulevard.
- Turn right at Adams Road.
- Turn right at the east entrance to Oakland University’s campus and follow the signs to Meadow Brook Hall.
- Take M-59 to the Adams Road North exit.
- Go north on Adams Road.
- Turn left onto the campus of Oakland University.
- Follow the signs to Meadow Brook Hall.
Visitor parking is free and available in the lot adjacent to the Meadow Brook Hall courtyard. There is no parking in the front circle at The Hall’s main entrance or in the courtyard.
Photography and Filming
Photography is permitted for private, noncommercial use only. Photographs may not be published, sold, reproduced, distributed or otherwise commercially exploited in any manner.
Meadow Brook Hall must authorize any publication (print or electronic) of images of The Hall, its outbuildings, grounds and collections. Complete policy statements regarding photography, videotaping and sketching/drawing/painting are available at the Visitor Service Desk inside The Hall or by clicking here.