Meadow Brook Hours, Directions and Parking
A National Historic Landmark, Meadow Brook is the historic home built by one of the automotive aristocracy’s most remarkable women, Matilda Dodge Wilson, widow of automobile pioneer John Dodge, and her second husband, lumber broker Alfred Wilson. Constructed between 1926 and 1929 for $4 million, Meadow Brook represents one of the finest examples of Tudor-revival architecture in America.
Meadow Brook Hours – Tours
Meadow Brook Hall will safely reopen its house and grounds to the public on weekends beginning Saturday, Feb. 6.
Self-guided touring will be available on Saturdays and Sundays, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., with last admittance at 3 p.m. Guests may arrive anytime between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. on the day of their visit.
Visitors can explore all three levels of the house with special insight from a new visitor app. Meadow Brook will monitor self-guided touring to ensure physical distancing is maintained. Outside, the grounds will offer scenic winter walks along our woodland pathways.
Tickets must be booked online in advance.
Meadow Brook Admission 2021
|Tickets are available online in advance||Ticket Price|
|Seniors aged 62 and over||$7|
|Youth aged 6-12||$5|
|Children 5 and under||Free|
Please note that Meadow Brook Hall will be closed on major holidays. For additional closed dates, click here.
For more details about touring at Meadow Brook, visit meadowbrookhall.org/dailytours.
Museum Store & Holiday Shop
The Museum Store is open weekends from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
The Holiday Shop is open annually for special hours during our Holiday Walk and Winter Wonder Lights events.
*Meadow Brook is closed during the holidays and at select other times during the year:
- Easter Day: Sunday, April 4, 2021
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 31, 2021
- Fourth of July: Sunday, July 4, 2021
- Labor Day: Monday, Sept. 6, 2021
- WINTER WONDER LIGHTS Installation: Monday, Nov. 15 through Wednesday, Nov. 24, 2021
- Thanksgiving Day: Thursday, Nov. 25, 2021
- Holiday Break: Friday, Dec. 24 and Saturday, Dec. 25, 2021. Offices are closed Friday, Dec. 24 through Sunday, Jan. 2, 2022
- new year’s eve: Friday, Dec. 31, 2021
The Meadow Brook Estate is located at 350 Estate Drive in Rochester, MI – between Flint and Detroit.
- Take I-75 to University Drive (Exit 79) then go east to Squirrel Road, where Oakland University’s main entrance is located.
- Turn left on Squirrel Road.
- Turn right at Walton Boulevard.
- Turn right at Adams Road.
- Turn right at the east entrance to Oakland University’s campus and follow the signs to Meadow Brook Hall.
- Take M-59 to the Adams Road North exit.
- Go north on Adams Road.
- Turn left onto the campus of Oakland University.
- Follow the signs to Meadow Brook Hall.
Parking is free and available on site.