Meadow Brook Special Tours
In addition to Meadow Brook daily house tours for individuals or families, group tours, Holiday Walk tours and youth tours, we also offer a number of special tours and packages that help you make the most of your visit to Meadow Brook Hall. These include a Behind-the-Scenes tour, a Walking Estate tour, combination tours and special exhibits.
Please note that Meadow Brook Hall will be closed on Sunday, June 11 due to a private event. For additional closed dates, click here.
Explore rarely seen areas of The Hall on this special tour which includes staff wings, bathrooms, closets and playrooms.
May 30 through September 3, 2017*
- Daily at 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m. & 2:30 p.m.
Walking Estate Tour
Walk the grounds and learn the history of the estate, from the farm to the landscape and construction of Meadow Brook Hall. Entrance into the playhouses and the Dodge Brothers exhibit is included.
May 30 through September 3, 2017*
- Daily at 2:00 p.m.
* NEW! June 25 – 30 Meadow Brook in Bloom self-guided tours. The Behind-the-Scenes tour and Walking Estate tour are not available on these dates.
Take full advantage of your visit to Meadow Brook Hall and enjoy two tours at a special discounted rate. Choose any two of the following tours for your combination tour package:
- House Tour
- Behind-the-Scenes Tour
- Estate Walking Tour
Please note that combo tours are not available after 1:30 pm. In order to do a triple combo tour, one must arrive on time for the 11:00 am House tour.
Special Tour Admission
Meadow Brook tour tickets may be purchased in the Museum Store located inside Meadow Brook Hall. Tour reservations are not required. All guests must be accompanied by a tour guide. Meadow Brook house tours last approximately 1 to 1-1/2 hours, depending on the size of the group.
|Single Tour||Combo Tour*||Triple Combo Tour**|
|OU Faculty, Staff & Alumni||$10.00||$15.00||$20.00|
|Active Military with ID||$10.00||$15.00||$20.00|
|Youth (age 6-12)||$7.50||$10.00||$12.50|
|Child (age 0-5)||Free||Free||Free|
*Please note that combo tours are not available after 1:30 pm.
**In order to do a triple combo tour, one must arrive on time for the 11:00 am House tour.
Visitors Needing Special Assistance
- The Meadow Brook Hall General House tour is barrier-free and wheelchair accessible.
- The Behind-the-Scenes tour is not handicapped accessible. Guests with wheelchairs and walkers are welcome but several steep and narrow passageways prohibit their access to the Secret Staircase, the maids’ quarters and the entire 4th floor.
- The Walking Estate tour is not wheelchair-accessible. Guests should expect uneven walking paths, steps and hills along the path, as well as elements you would expect in nature.
- To arrange for sign language interpretation of a tour or a special lecture, call (248) 364-6200.
Smoking is not permitted inside Meadow Brook Hall. We ask that you not touch the art and furnishings to help preserve The Hall and its collections for the future. Strollers, umbrellas and large bags and backpacks must be checked at the Visitor Services Desk.
Non-flash interior photography for personal use is allowed during tours, community programs and special events at Meadow Brook Hall. Photography is permitted for private, noncommercial use only. Photographs may not be published, sold, reproduced, distributed or otherwise commercially exploited in any manner.
For the safety and comfort of our visitors and the protection of this National Historic Landmark, we ask that you be aware of your surroundings and stay in permitted areas only. Complete policy statements regarding photography, videotaping and sketching/drawing/painting are available at the Visitor Service Desk inside The Hall or by clicking here.