Take a break from the bustle of holiday preparations to gather with friends and enjoy traditional teas, savories and sweets served in Meadow Brook Hall’s magnificent Christopher Wren Dining Room. This is one of many Holiday Walk programs we offer, which also include our Holiday Walk Tours, Holiday Shops, OU Community Night, Santa programs and Starlight Stroll.
FUN FACT: Matilda Dodge Wilson had opened her home on numerous occasions for luncheons, card parties and large teas to benefit the organizations she worked so closely with. One of the earliest teas hosted by Matilda at Meadow Brook Hall was held on June 7, 1932 from 3:00-5:00. Over 500 guests from The Salvation Army were invited to the tea, which was to honor the retirement of Lt. Colonel Mary J. Sheppard after 47 years of service in The Salvation Army.
2018 Meadow Brook Holiday Tea Programs
All programs are from 3 – 4:30 p.m.*
- Tuesday, December 4 (SOLD OUT)
- Tuesday, December 11 (SOLD OUT)
- Wednesday, December 12 (SOLD OUT)
- Tuesday, December 18 (SOLD OUT)
The Holiday Tea Features:
- A self-guided Holiday Walk Tour*
- Seating in the elegant Christopher Wren Dining Room decked in holiday splendor
- A selection of teas served with a variety of tea sandwiches, quiche and unique savories and delectable desserts
Reservations are $55 per person
All Holiday Teas are sold out. To be placed on a wait list, please call Jill at (248) 364-6252.
*Touring of The Hall is included in ticket price. In order to tour The Hall guests must arrive at 2 p.m. or earlier. Please arrive no earlier than 1 p.m.