American Castle Weddings at Meadow Brook
And they lived happily ever after … Plan your perfect fairy tale wedding at an American castle. You and your guests will be treated like royalty. From a complimentary wedding coordinator to concierge-level service, our experienced staff will help you design the American castle wedding of your dreams. No place makes a statement like Meadow Brook.
Why Choose the Hall for Your American Castle Wedding?
Book your American castle wedding at Meadow Brook Hall and here’s what you can expect:
- Great American Estate: Our historical legacy will amaze your guests. They will walk and dine among fine art, rare decorative arts and stunning architectural craftsmanship.
- Exclusive Use: Our exclusive rental option guarantees privacy and intimacy along with the complete focus of our experienced staff.
- Complimentary Tours: Your guests may choose to take an informal tour of the home so they can see up close and personal how the automotive aristocracy truly lived.
- Like No Other: Rest assured that your American castle wedding at Meadow Brook will be like no other event you or your guests have experienced. Isn’t that what it’s all about?
- Individualized Attention: Our priority is to ensure that you and your guests are our guests. Our experienced events management team takes care of the details so you can relax and enjoy your celebration.
- Supporting a National Historic Landmark: The revenue generated from your American castle wedding helps to support the preservation and interpretation of this great American estate.
American Castle Wedding Experience
Every great romance should begin in a castle. Come experience the romantic elegance found only at Meadow Brook Hall. Here, a castle is a home with storybook beauty, sophisticated charm, vibrant gardens and historical ambiance that make every event unforgettable. The unique features of the home reflect the opulence of American royalty, including:
- 110-rooms including a two-story ballroom with “castle” like proportions that are reminiscent of late medieval halls and churches.
- 88,000 square feet of elaborately carved wood and stone, stained glass windows and ornately carved plaster ceilings.
- And hidden doors and a secret staircase … just to name a few.
The Christopher Wren Dining Room
With an indoor American castle wedding, the dining experience takes place in the breathtaking Christopher Wren Dining Room. Giuseppe Corrado Parducci, the renowned Detroit sculptor, designed and articulated the elaborate plaster ceiling after 18th century designs by Christopher Wren, the champion of the Neo-Classical period. Though styled after the work of this architect, the final result is completely unique.
- After mingling on the main level of Meadow Brook Hall during Cocktail Hour, dinner chimes will call your guests into the Christopher Wren Dining Room for a spectacular seated meal.
- The room can seat 100 guests, 94 in the main room and an additional 6 in the connected, chinoiserie-style Breakfast Nook.
- Your guests will be blown away by the intricate plaster ceiling, detailed woodwork, and sophistication of this room.
If your wedding has more than 100 guests, no problem! We can accommodate that as well with our Strolling Reception experience.
Most successful events begin with a great menu and great food … and great menus and great food always begin with the people preparing them. Meadow Brook employs a nationally renowned and expansive full-service catering operation, rated four-stars for both quality of food and service. The Executive Chef and assistants apply signature touches on classic favorites.
Kosher catering is also available.
“The most magical wedding venue for a wedding, from the event management staff to the catering staff to the facility, Meadow Brook Hall is top of the line. I couldn’t have asked for more for my daughter’s wedding. Her dreams were fulfilled when she married the man of her dreams in a setting fit for royalty.”