Meadow Brook Hours, Directions and Parking
You are cordially invited to visit our Great Estate. A National Historic Landmark, Meadow Brook is the historic home built by one of the automotive aristocracy’s most remarkable women, Matilda Dodge Wilson, widow of automobile pioneer John Dodge, and her second husband, lumber broker Alfred Wilson. Constructed between 1926 and 1929 for $4 million, Meadow Brook represents one of the finest examples of Tudor-revival architecture in America.
Meadow Brook Hours – Tours
Meadow Brook Hall is open year-round for public tours. Guided tours last about 75 minutes. We offer a variety of tours throughout the Hall and Estate, including:
Meadow Brook Hours – Museum Store
Our main museum store is open daily, 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. with extended hours June through August and during Holiday Walk.
* During Holiday Walk, we also offer special holiday shopping opportunities at a second store.
*Meadow Brook is closed during the holidays and at select other times during the year:
- Easter Day: Sunday, March 27, 2016
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 30, 2016
- private event: Thursday, June 30, 2016
- Fourth of July: Monday, July 4, 2016
- Labor Day: Monday, September 5, 2016
- Holiday Walk Installation: Wednesday, November 23, 2016
- Thanksgiving Day: Thursday, November 24, 2016
- Holiday Break: Saturday, December 24, 2016 – Tuesday, January 3, 2017
The Meadow Brook Estate is located at 480 South Adams Road in Rochester, MI – between Flint and Detroit.
- Take I-75 to University Drive (Exit 79) then go east to Squirrel Road, where Oakland University’s main entrance is located.
- Turn left on Squirrel Road.
- Turn right at Walton Boulevard.
- Turn right at Adams Road.
- Turn right at the east entrance to Oakland University’s campus and follow the signs to Meadow Brook Hall.
*Please note that Adams Road will be closed July 11 – August 19
Road Closure Directions:
- Take M-59 to the Squirrel Road exit
- Go north to Walton Blvd and turn right
- Take Walton Blvd to Adams Road, turn right on Adams Road
- Turn right at the light onto East Campus
For more information on the road closure, click here.
When Adams Road is opened:
- Take M-59 to the Adams Road North exit.
- Go north on Adams Road.
- Turn left onto the campus of Oakland University.
- Follow the signs to Meadow Brook Hall.
Visitor parking is free and available in the lot adjacent to the Meadow Brook Hall courtyard. There is no parking in the front circle at The Hall’s main entrance or in the courtyard. For more information on parking on OU’s campus, see the Parking page.
Photography and Videography
Meadow Brook Hall is a National Historic Landmark. Photography/videography (including cell phones) is not permitted inside The Hall. Shots of the exterior of the building and gardens are permitted for those visitors who have purchased a standard or Behind-the-Scenes tour. Meadow Brook Hall must authorize any publication (print or electronic) of images of The Hall, its outbuildings, grounds and collections. Complete policy statements regarding photography, videotaping and sketching/drawing/painting are available at the Visitor Service Desk inside The Hall or by clicking here.